Monday, December 16, 2002

Decaying hope.

I am striving,
For that light up ahead,
I run towards it,
I'm dying,
Or am I already dead?

I've fallen,
And tripped,
Consumed by pain,
Into darkness I'm calling,
My soul's been strained,
And I'm bleeding inside,
But you'll never see me cry,
'Cause you'll never read my mind,
Maybe it's all a lie.

It barely shines through the night,
The only source of hope,
A glimmer of light,
With this life I can't cope,
Maybe I could end it,
But I still wouldn't have the answer,
Meaning,
Can't grasp it,
It fades in this surreal cancer.

Everything seems to be slipping away,
Everything is full of decay,
Hope is a shimmer,
The light but a glimmer,
Will I reach it?
It's so far.

Will I beat it?
It stabs so hard,
This evil chasing me,
Stealing me from where I want to be.
I see my dreams fading away,
Why is hope covered in decay?

Is it an illusion?
Or is it real?
Manipulation,
Alone I feel,
On this path it is so dark,
My life flies past,
Leaving no mark,
It sprints by,
Leaving me behind.

I'm trying to fly,
I'm caged by lies...

Yet I see,
A glimmer of hope,
Will it wait for me?
To untangle this rope?
Or will it go out?
Will it run away?
I feel blinded by doubt,
Covered in decay.

I'm pleading,
For it to stay,
Decaying hope,
Please come my way,
Before you're gone,
Decaying hope,
Please hear my song,
My life's slowly fraying,
And hope is decaying.

No comments: