Sunday, December 15, 2002

Silent screams.

I'm kicking,
They're slipping,
No matter how hard I grip,
I always seem to slip,
They say they're open,
Then slam the door in my face,
So hard I'm struggling,
To lead them to a better place.

Why am I the only one?
What about the things they've done?
Where has hope gone?
How long will this internal war rage on?

I've lost myself,
Trying to help them,
Evil laughter I hear,
Claiming to trade a stone for a gem.

I'm drowning in darkness,
Though the light I drink,
I'm drowning in nothingness,
In evil I sink,
All this pain,
Yet no outward stain,
The harder I grip,
The farther I slip.

A sick twisted game,
Overpowered by shame,
What it's like,
No one knows,
My supposed friends,
Bring savage blows.

I close my eyes,
I'm lost inside...

They say it's right,
It feels so wrong,
They have no light,
They sing evil songs.

In a corner I sit,
So brutally kicked,
What's happened to me?
Why can't I see?
I feel only darkness,
I'm starting to choke,
I taste no light,
It's been forced down my throat.

Pure light from a fire,
Bruns painfully,
My mouth only feels drier,
Blood rains peacefully.

I'm so confused,
I always lose,
I scream inside,
So many lies,
Nobody hears,
They don't see my tears,
They stab my with violence,
My screams seem so silent.

No comments: