Sunday, September 28, 2003

What you don't see. (written by Sarah and myself)

Can you see me?
It's unlikely
I'm not real sightly
I'm almost unreal
Yeah, you see the smiles
For miles and miles
I'm hiding my trials
Away from you
Look close you'll see this
Most people miss
I'm needing a bliss
To find my truth
I'm trapped in a noose of death
I fight for only one more breath
Insults are a spiritual meth
To the inside me...

Your true friends know you
More than you do
Your hidden to yourself
But not everyone else
We can all see
What you were meant to be
We would fight this fight
Because we know
What you're going through isn't right
You can't take another blow
We know you're strong
But you won't last long
Because you can only take so much
When you continue to hide from love's touch...

What is love's touch?
I don't get it much
It's hard to believe such
A wonderful thing
It's getting hard to hide
No one to confide
You're all against me
What's the purpose
I am worthless
I can't find the surface
Of my own dreams...

Don't try to hide
What you feel inside
You're strength is drained
As you rebuild your wall
You're wrapped in your own chains
You're not the only one who falls
You're not worthless
God has a purpose
None of us is perfect
But we can only reject ourselves...

But why do you care?
I'm getting more share
Of all the unfair
That's dealt in the world
I do all the right stuff
It's still not enough
It's stormy and rough
And I'm all alone...

This is what you call alone?
I'm sorry, excuse my tone
But exactly what does that make me?
So I don't matter?
Heh, I see
I'm not enough either
Is that how it is?
I've promised to be there
Have I failed you yet?...

You are there
And aware
I'm glad you care
But it's like this
He knows that I
Would rather die
And you keep me alive
So he keeps my away
He knows he's winning
Because he's grinning
My hope is thinning
You and God: my last chance...

To him it's a game
To put you to shame
But what he doesn't see
Is the card up your sleeve
Did you forget too?
We all love you!
Turn around
And see all you have
Just reach out and grab
A hold of what you've got
Don't let him tell you
That you are what you're not...

Maybe you're right
I have lost sight
I let down the fight
For the hold on my dreams...

No comments: