Thursday, November 27, 2003

Addict.

I'm addicted to me lie
And it's sweet serenity
It's not at all my life
But it might as well be

I'm addicted to my pain
And I find it comforting
Breaking you is not my aim
But it might as well be

'Cause I can't let it go, gotta hold on
I'm gonna hold on till it bleeds
As I lie here helplessly, cry out desperately
'Cause I feel the need
I need to feel it bleed
So I can't let it go
And I'm gonna hold on till it bleeds

But as it slips away, I hear myself scream
These tears bring me to my knees
But I'm not letting go, not giving up
No, I'm holding on, I'm holding, till it bleeds

I'm addicted to my strife
It is what defines me
I'm not a slave to this knife
But I might as well be

And a smile crawls across my face
As I feel me slowly fade away
A twisted smile finds my face
As I slip into yesterday

No comments: