Monday, April 16, 2007

"You are my sweetest downfall."

Something so familiar can never look the same again. And the bed is only colder since you came and then you left. This burnt out candle on my shelf still carries your scent through the room. The smoke keeps pulling me back to the light, those sweet few nights when I was yours. And in the dark your touch is haunting me. Though it may be cold without you here, that's not what keeps me trembling. I cannot wait for your hands to still my shaking sense of pride. I cannot wait to look in your eyes and feel again that the world is mine. Oh, the blossoms smell so sweet in spring. On the edge of threatening heat, let us stay carefree until new winds force us all to hide. Just whisper that in the dead of winter when all the fruit is gone, you will miss the taste of me.

No comments: