Monday, April 2, 2007

Late night calls to answering machines.

Hello, you've failed to reach me once again.
Just press one to pour your heart out to nothingness.
I might get back to you in a year or so.
For now, can we just take this slow?

Hold please, there's someone on my other line.
Hang up to say I'm just not worth the time.
In the end, you'll find no number's toll free.
I hope you know you were important to me.

Goodbye, I'm on the run, you've crushed routine.
You can star sixty-nine, but I'm not receiving.
I've dropped this call, or so you could say.
For now, you're going to have to make it all okay.

We're so afraid of this new feeling rushing through our veins.
Hey, let's not get attached just to be broken.
Don't look, don't look at me that way.
Three words better left unspoken for now.

No comments: