Sunday, May 13, 2007

And mistakes, mistakes, mistakes.

Nothing in the world, it seems, will bring back the life in me. It's all okay in the dark because I can't see in the dark. I can't feel in the dark. But the morning brings light to these wounds -- weren't they gone last night? What have I been doing in my sleep? Oh, do I haunt your dreams like you do mine? Oh, do you wake up empty from last night with her? Why isn't he enough to numb the pain when he was enough to take you away from me? Is she worth it -- is she worth this to you? Don't tell me you don't miss my smile, and when's the last time you saw me smile? Could I ever hurt enough to show you that I care? Dear god, this pain is deep, and you're not here to hold me, to make it go away. Where has my best friend gone? I see him, but his eyes have changed. He said I wasn't the same, but he's changed, he's changed. And he's safe with his shield and a pair of swords to keep me away, but I can't walk away from this. You're still holding my heart in your pocket. You took yours back and gave it to her, she's got it on her finger, and you're wearing hers around your neck, but mine is still there -- forgotten inside you. Oh, my love, to lose you was the only way to prove I needed you, but now you're gone, and I need you still, and your absence is killing me, oh, god, you're killing me. I loved you enough to let you go, but where is your love when I'm dead? Sweetie, you know you're the only one who will bring me back to life, so why do you let this go on? I did you so many wrongs, and our love wasn't enough to give me the chance to make it up. Oh, my love, I'm dying at your door, and you just can't care anymore, can you?

No comments: