Saturday, March 1, 2003

Raining blood: A cry for help.

I'm screaming inside,
Being torn apart,
But I don't know why,
When did this start?
Just sitting here wondering what happened to my heart.

I never thought I could,
But now it feels strangely good,
I know it's not right,
It just happened one night,
Something sears inside as the emptiness takes flight.

Blood is raining,
My soul is straining,
And I cannot contain,
All this horrible pain,
It takes everything I've got just to get through the day.

The numbness burns,
And they cannot know,
I don't need their concern,
I can't let the pain show,
They all surround me and yet I'm terribly alone.

I'm caught up in the chains,
Of this mystical pain,
I don't want to die,
I want only to fly,
I just can't figure out what's making me cry.

Blood is raining,
My dreams are fading,
And all this pain,
Cannot be restrained,
I'm tired of waiting for all the somedays.

Who will teach me to smile again?
I just need someone to be my friend,
Someone to shelter me from this pain,
Just to help me through these days,
Won't someone please try to make things okay?

I just don't know what's making me sad,
They tell me I've never seen strife,
So explain to me why it hurts so bad,
The say I have a great life,
They obviously don't know about the hypnotic knife.

Blood is raining,
Softly serenading,
Overwhelmed by shame,
Giving into the pain,
Won't someone please end this sickening game?






I would like to make a note that this poem can be found in a book put out be an organization called Teen Mania. I wrote this a long time ago when I was at a different point in my life, and while I am grateful for how Teen Mania helped me in the past, I am no longer a supporter of the organization.

No comments: