Sunday, June 5, 2005

Fall.

So I think I'm slipping back again
It's funny how I have it all together
Only to find out I was wrong again
I thought about it too much I guess
And last night I fell again
Allowed myself to feel again
But the numbness will always be there

Broken promises I made
And then excuses
I piece it back together
Until another rock
Flies at this fragile window of mine
Time stops again

Dreams of a better life
Loving arms will hold like glue
But you can always tell I've shattered
Cracks in the plaster
Always give the fights away

And a scream is heard across the hall
Until you realize it's all in your head
And your demons are staring at you again
Sleep little child and forget your tears
Wake to darkness and scream again

Falling with nothing to break
Consuming motion will cut you to bits
And they all watch
And they all laugh
But in the end
You realize you've gotten up again
And it's time for another trip

No comments: